First, let's consider some irrefutable facts:
- GOP is scandal-ridden. Just look at Oklahoma and the party pissing contests that have gone on of late. Former State Senator, former Gubernatorial candidate, former U.S. Senate candidate and present chairman of the state GOP, Randy Brogdon was elected and it wasn't a week before he was stirring the feces and now, the party reeks from the stench of it.
- The GOP doesn't like its choices. They wanted a hardcore, line in the sand cat for leadership, and now they are whining about his leadership? A leopard cannot change his spots and Brogdon is a special breed of leopard who couldn't give a rats ass what anyone thinks of him. That's what he was elected for, remember?
- Donald Trump is a very wealthy man, and though he has filed bankruptcy more than once, he always lands on his feet. It's hypocritical for anyone to chastise him for that (particularly in the GOP) because when you think about it, under the GOP leadership, we have spent trillions of dollars on a never-ending war on whatever the hell is over on the other side of the pond.
- Trump is saying out loud what the GOP used to have as a bloody platform. The GOP used to be the party of legal immigration and hatred of illegal immigration. Suddenly, the GOP wants to court the ILLEGAL immigrant vote? Hypocrisy, thy name is Republican.
- If the GOP puts up another Bush against Hillary Clinton, he will get his ass kicked like a Klansman at a Black Panther rally. And justifiably so. With the GOP abandoning its roots of reasoned approaches to issues of immigration (an 80 percentile issue, by the way) and surrendering to big oil and gas producers whose subcontractors hire illegals. But that's another topic altogether.
|The Trump whom we all wish would run for POTUS.|
But Donald Trump is a target. Stupid, stupid move on the part of the GOP. It's so ridiculous for the GOP to cut off its nose to spite its face in this manner. But let me tell you some insider information: The hits most likely are not coming from the candidates themselves, but rather their slime-slinging consultants who become intoxicated with the nectar of their own vitriol. It's mess at that level and if you think otherwise, you're a damned fool. The GOP will eat their wounded faster than any other critter on the planet. Greed, avarice, and the hunger for power is transcendent at the POTUS level. Sad, but true.
To truly answer my son's inquiry, my summation is that Trump is good for the GOP. He is separating the Shiite Republicans from the Neo-Cons and taking advantage of the bump in the poll numbers even though he's under enemy fire. If he can keep himself in a positive light in the media, maintain a cool head, and get an image consultant, he very well could be the one to take on Hillary. But then again, none of the choices right now are very appealing.
They all look like monkeys trying to make love to a football.
This is my opinion and I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt it.