Wednesday, December 24, 2014
I thought today I'd share some of the items on my big dream Christmas list. It's changed over the years, but maybe yours is similar - and remember - the sky is the limit here. Live on the edge and fantasize about Christmas wishes, make it your wildest dreams and who knows? You may receive a Christmas miracle. Okay...probably not. But it's fun anyway.
2. Weekend With Kids. I'd like to have a weekend with all of my kids. Just one where they were all together and getting along and doing so without distraction or angst. I love all my kids and I suck at showing it...which leads to the next wish...
3. Love More. I guess that "loving more" isn't a correct description, but rather I want to be able to show my loved ones that I really do love them and do so more frequently. In contrast to most of my biological family, I'm pretty open about my feelings, but that isn't saying much, really. My family is pretty stoic.
5. Stop Gridlock. Politics is by design, adversarial. The two-party system is hard-wired to be adversarial and will continue to be so. Yet, for Christmas, wouldn't it be nice if the GOP and the Democratic Party would do something that really does improve the quality of life here in America? Just get along for a little while and solve some problems. Stop the posturing and just get things done.
6. Veteran's Salvation. The Veteran's Administration has problems and the biggest problem is that it is not funded appropriately. Yeah, that's right - it's not funded as it should be.
8. Stayin' Alive. I know it isn't something to discuss during the Christmas holiday, but the truth is that I'd love to have old Santa bring me a wall to build in my mind to shut off the thoughts of getting off of this ride.
10. Bring Back Dexter. It was a shame when Showtime cancelled that program, and the series finale was abrupt, emotional and really left it open for more shows. Showtime needs to do us all a favor and bring it back. It's my Christmas wish, after all.
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Two New York City police officers were assassinated by Ismaaiyl Brinsley, a 28 year old nutbag got his panties in a bunch after an altercation with his girlfriend, took a shot at her but she survived, but that wasn't enough. He targeted and assassinated these two NYPD officers. Clearly, this piece of shit just didn't get enough attention from his mommy and daddy growing up and he's acting out. Probably playing too many video games and watching Al Jazeera television for tips. Let's take a closer look at this piece of dung:
Brinsley has a history of run-ins with the law. He has 15 prior arrests in Georgia for assorted crimes: misdemeanor assault, larceny, shoplifting, and gun possession, dated from 2004 to 2013. He was arrested 4 times in Ohio from May 2009 to September 2009–robbery and misdemeanor theft. He served over 2 years in various prisons, mostly from a 2-year sentence for the Georgia case of criminal possession of a weapon.
But that's not the end of it...
In Florida, another police officer was murdered by a little punk by the name of Marco Antonio Parilla, Jr. A 23 year old kid with far too much time on his hands and not enough brain matter to deal with it. Check this out:
Parilla shot Kondek because "he felt like a caged rat” and did not want to return to prison.What a little jackass. He did apologize to the family during his "perp walk," so that should make it all better, right? Wrong.
Parilla ran the wounded cop over as he whipped out of the apartment’s driveway in reverse. He then lost control of the vehicle and smashed into a power pole and pickup truck.
I don't know if there are solutions to problems like this. The disaster in Ferguson, MO has really highlighted the fact that the criminal element is actually proud of itself and shameless. A man gets shot by law enforcement - a clean shoot, by the way - and now, the bottom feeders believe it gives them license to target and assassinate law enforcement. Pure insanity.
Personally, I believe the douchebag talking heads on the extreme left who want nothing short of anarchy are partly to blame for this mess. Anyone who wears one of those stupid "I Can't Breathe Shirts" (more info here) is part of the problem as well. Even the President has talked about cracking down on law enforcement. It's unreal.
Do yourself a favor and our community a favor - thank a cop. They do shit every day that most of the sissies protesting them would never have the courage to do.