Wednesday, December 24, 2014
All I Want For Christmas...
I thought today I'd share some of the items on my big dream Christmas list. It's changed over the years, but maybe yours is similar - and remember - the sky is the limit here. Live on the edge and fantasize about Christmas wishes, make it your wildest dreams and who knows? You may receive a Christmas miracle. Okay...probably not. But it's fun anyway.
2. Weekend With Kids. I'd like to have a weekend with all of my kids. Just one where they were all together and getting along and doing so without distraction or angst. I love all my kids and I suck at showing it...which leads to the next wish...
3. Love More. I guess that "loving more" isn't a correct description, but rather I want to be able to show my loved ones that I really do love them and do so more frequently. In contrast to most of my biological family, I'm pretty open about my feelings, but that isn't saying much, really. My family is pretty stoic.
5. Stop Gridlock. Politics is by design, adversarial. The two-party system is hard-wired to be adversarial and will continue to be so. Yet, for Christmas, wouldn't it be nice if the GOP and the Democratic Party would do something that really does improve the quality of life here in America? Just get along for a little while and solve some problems. Stop the posturing and just get things done.
6. Veteran's Salvation. The Veteran's Administration has problems and the biggest problem is that it is not funded appropriately. Yeah, that's right - it's not funded as it should be.
8. Stayin' Alive. I know it isn't something to discuss during the Christmas holiday, but the truth is that I'd love to have old Santa bring me a wall to build in my mind to shut off the thoughts of getting off of this ride.
10. Bring Back Dexter. It was a shame when Showtime cancelled that program, and the series finale was abrupt, emotional and really left it open for more shows. Showtime needs to do us all a favor and bring it back. It's my Christmas wish, after all.